Earthworm {16X16}

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

Flipper

Ray
Ray

Post 16.02.2014, 18:45

Earthworm {16X16}

This is not a finished project, However the effort to put the final touches will be a lot.
I don't want to put the effort in, if the map is not appealing. So here is a rough draft.
Earthworm.jpg
Earthworm.jpg (86.34 KiB) Viewed 1060 times

The path should be self evident. Lemme know what you think

Sponsor

Post 16.02.2014, 18:45

Re: Earthworm {16X16}

<<

Pezinator

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 18.02.2014, 00:33

You want to here an decision if it's worth to continue working on the map. The basic answer is, if you want your map to be in the game you've always have to work on them.
I know that that wasn't what you wanted to hear.
So here is you answer. If I understood you and your pathidea right. You want to make something like this: If you want to continue to make this map, I can send you the psd (photoshop file). The jpeg is in the post anyway.
If you want to start completely new you are welcome.
If I understood you wrong and there aren't any defence spots between the path.

I think the map could be quite difficult to defend cause there are just few defence points, but for sure also this version deserves a nice design. Maybe if it's good eough the map makes it into testing.

test.jpg
test.jpg (156.81 KiB) Viewed 1047 times

I hope this answer is apropriate enough.
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
<<

manuel

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 18.02.2014, 15:29

Give me MS Paint and two minutes and I´ll make a better background.
<<

Flipper

Ray
Ray

Post 18.02.2014, 19:48

Keep in mind this map I intend to make with more as a crowdsource map :) driven by a constraint of the idea of an earthworm in its tunnel in a plot of dirt, so I threw a concept idea out there without much artistic effort since creating an earthworm will require a ton of effort for me.
I just wanted to see if there would be a positive reception to the idea and to the path.

So far, path needs work, but the concept so far hasn't met with any negatives?

The tight switchbacks are not a good idea? OK , that might actually make the earthworm path a bit easier to make.

I like your path Penz but seems a bit "been there, done that" Other than Hollywood, I hadn't seen a map of nothing but switchbacks. Guess there is a reason.
I really would like to run with the earthworm idea, (trust me, the finished path would end up actually looking like an earthworm not what it currently looks like) but I need to come up with a path that is appealing and would fit the earthworm motif.
I am not opposed to abandoning it all together. Just trying to come up with something different.

Manuel, Think of these as story boards to a movie. When the map becomes a blockbuster, consider this the bonus material on the DVD.
<<

Seraph07

Mothership
Mothership

Post 18.01.2017, 12:56

Path is ok.
Design is not ok.

Zipfile is missing.

Return to Need improvement