<<

HPoltergeist

Fast Nova
Fast Nova

Post 07.02.2013, 16:58

Improvements

Hi!

Let's get to the point. =)

First of all, the game is not stable at all... One of every ~10 games starts normally. The others are aborted with "connection aborted" message or alike or just simply get frozen, even at the game creation, while I'm waiting for others. Or the room is closed because of a timeout, or I have to close myself, because it is not responding. Sometimes the game lags so badly, so it's hard to play. Other times I don't get chat messages at all.

I have 120/10 cable internet connection and a PC with 8-core processor and 8GB of ram, 1GB of graphics ram, SSD and so on...

I don't think, this should go this way. So it seems you have much more to do... like performance tuning and network adjustments.

Not to mention the game experience. The balane is not the best I can tell. On easy, there are situations, where you can almost have no kills (early - later I don't know, because I don't get that far...), because of a short map or fast creeps or alike... the easy, should be easy... you know. =)

Or put a game mode in like "Casual Players" to be played by Saturday night players, who has not much time to play and to improve their tactics. Just for fun, you know...

The other thing is: the player gets no XP for the last position, doesn't matter if it is easy or hard (observing from different points)? I think, that's annoying. Az least 1 XP should be given and if you plan to boost the winners' advance by XP, then give them moch more than last positioners... but the last one shoud get -if not much but at least 1 XP-, that player was there too, and played your game.
If it causes to make the ranks higher, then you should do that. =/

Casual players again: for them there can be a game mode, where the last one gets XP too...

Altogether:
I see serious performance, network and balance issues here.
So you should solve these, before adding new features or so.

These are just viewpoints of what I've experienced about your game.
You decide: delete it, to not to be seen, or use it as a constructive criticism.

Greets,

HPoltergeist
--- Poltergeist Minecraft Server ---
Dynmap: http://poltergeist.dyndns-server.com:8123
- Whitelisting: bnorbee [at] freemail [dot] hu -

Sponsor

Post 07.02.2013, 16:58

Re: Improvements

<<

Chadworthy

Demeter
Demeter

Post 12.02.2013, 06:54

I have noticed lag issues and a bit of glitchyness overall in the game, but nothing like what you are experiencing. I agree there are issues that need to be fixed, but for me it is still playable. As for the 1 XP for last place thing, I agree with that completely. Just 1 xp wouldn't change any of the ranks or anything, and would barely make a difference, but it IS experience and indeed that person played the match and should get something. I agree completely.
<<

Pezinator

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 12.02.2013, 21:52

I have the same problem as HP for about 2 weeks now. I can only play the game on minimal grafik. If i won't I'll have serious laggs which will cause the game to crash. As him I don't know what the problem is. Our connection works perfectly and my pc should be far good enough.

Just wanted to post it to HP's problem since is goes toegther but actually i guess this should be in the bug forum not in the suggestions one.
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
<<

Chadworthy

Demeter
Demeter

Post 12.02.2013, 22:59

I have good internet and good pc also, and I usually keep it on minimal also.
I guess the suggestion here is, Fix the bugs :lol:
<<

EasyX

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 13.02.2013, 09:36

Hm for me everything works fine.

Please give us some quick facts in detail.

Which Java version.
Which operation system.
Download or Applet version (or both).

... and so on.

So we may can find a common denominator. Because not everyone has this problems!! For the most the game works well.
<<

manuel

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 13.02.2013, 10:07

But masses of people have that problem, I have it, with my notebook. This has been posted a dozen times!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1789
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1605
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1464

Three threads and no answer by dcode and I´ve posted another one in the internal forums. Gamebooster - great advice. First time, that I have to agree with Chadworthy: "Fix the bugs."
<<

Chadworthy

Demeter
Demeter

Post 14.02.2013, 00:45

Java Version 1.7.0_13
Windows 7
Applet version.

I don't have problems except occasional lag and sometimes I have to set the graphics to minimal.
Overall I would say it's pretty good though.

Return to Off-Topic