Not logged in
FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

[added] Restricted 32x16

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 13.06.2012, 18:10

Re: Restricted 32x16

Got another idea:
toxic_waste.png
toxic_waste.png (88.4 KiB) Viewed 14969 times


Not sure if yellow is the correct "toxic waste" color :)

someone can just add toxic waste barrels there nearby those pools... or something...

Edit: here is no grid for waste:
toxic_waste2.png
toxic_waste2.png (87.32 KiB) Viewed 14969 times

Sponsor

Post 13.06.2012, 18:10

Re: Re: Restricted 32x16

<<

domitmn

Ray
Ray

Posts: 110

Joined: 29.12.2011, 14:50

Post 13.06.2012, 18:45

Re: Restricted 32x16

@ALT .. if you don't like red it's your problem. Your new "designs" are not making a step forward in my opinion.

Red makes sense, its for restricted signs !

Make your own toxic waste map in yellow, but don't waste my time with your "I don't like this / i don't like that"....
<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 13.06.2012, 19:13

Re: Restricted 32x16

Its free country dude... i mean internet.

Anyways... whats the problem? we made a topic about the Limited map too, and many people contributed ideas... i think. and then the most voted got added. If you want your map added, we/you should consider all suggestions. IMO.
<<

dcode

User avatar

Mothership
Mothership

Posts: 2202

Joined: 09.07.2011, 00:59

Post 13.06.2012, 19:42

Re: Restricted 32x16

Keep cool, everyone. We all are just trying to make it better to add it :)
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

domitmn

Ray
Ray

Posts: 110

Joined: 29.12.2011, 14:50

Post 13.06.2012, 21:57

Re: Restricted 32x16

... I don't mind comments for improvement of maps, first you are totally against X's and when that is "fixed" you come up with new colors for no real reason. That is quite annoying and in no way motivating or constructive.

Sorry for my harsh tone but I'm quite flexible on design changes if there is a good reason, but not if its just your dislike of red. One time you stick to signs that mean something and you don't really mind the colors
Colors doesnt matter, there are red maps which you can still build on.
... and the other time you are annoyed by some red spaces.

Stick to your plan an give constructive comments instead of messing around with me or my map.
It was fine in the first design, I accepted the grid change for less conflict and you come up with another.


And as for the Limit Voting: As far as I know it wasn't decided by the voting...
<<

Pezinator

User avatar

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Posts: 1254

Joined: 11.03.2012, 20:27

Post 13.06.2012, 22:00

Re: Restricted 32x16

Hmm i would have known that the red areas are blocked and the x or circles, but i'd say i definitely go for the second version
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
<<

Bumblebee

Ray
Ray

Posts: 140

Joined: 29.07.2011, 12:24

Post 13.06.2012, 22:11

Re: Restricted 32x16

i think red fit's best with black / gray, so i don't like the yellow version.
Basically i like domitmn's Design, but what about making the grid less visible? (viewtopic.php?p=14196#p14196)
Because i like your very first Design, i would like to see it with more pale crosses, too. The Versions without any crosses or circles look a bit empty i think.
<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 13.06.2012, 22:31

Re: Restricted 32x16

domitmn wrote:... I don't mind comments for improvement of maps, first you are totally against X's and when that is "fixed" you come up with new colors for no real reason. That is quite annoying and in no way motivating or constructive.

I was afraid you would be too mad if i complained about everything at once... One step a time, is my motto ;) and i dont mind the red, i can live with it. i just think it could be better too.

domitmn wrote:Sorry for my harsh tone but I'm quite flexible on design changes if there is a good reason, but not if its just your dislike of red. One time you stick to signs that mean something and you don't really mind the colors
Colors doesnt matter, there are red maps which you can still build on.
... and the other time you are annoyed by some red spaces.

What i meant by that quote is that the map shouldnt be color-coded, meaning, a red spot shouldnt mean "cant build", because it really varies from one map to another, as i said, there are red maps too where you can build on red.

domitmn wrote:Stick to your plan an give constructive comments instead of messing around with me or my map.
It was fine in the first design, I accepted the grid change for less conflict and you come up with another.

Im not messing up with you! I only came up with that toxic thing because i thought it would make more sense than color-coding the spots... now it looks like there is something on the way, some liquid of some kind (we all know we cant build on liquids!), and it has 3d'ish look on it so it enchanges the effect of "cant build" with the liquid on that pool. i was thinking to change it to water but i thought it looked weird on black/gray map, the toxic theme fits better so i chose it!

domitmn wrote:And as for the Limit Voting: As far as I know it wasn't decided by the voting...

how do you explain the map which was chosen was the map that got most votes...?? i was watching the voting, though i didnt watch to the very end, but the chosen map had most votes at the middle of the voting process... i might be wrong, what says dcode?
<<

dcode

User avatar

Mothership
Mothership

Posts: 2202

Joined: 09.07.2011, 00:59

Post 13.06.2012, 22:41

Re: Restricted 32x16

I am really trying my bests to be constructive in every detail, I even excused for the case that it looked another way. However, your "harash tone" also constantly gets back to (not only) me, even if I just try to find a solution that (at best) everyone is comfortable with. I don't even say that it MUST be done the one or another way, I just post my thoughts - for you! Please think about it . In the end it's your map (not that of someone else) and I am that guy who has the tools to actually add it based on the overall feedback I see here. Btw. I'd love to see it in the game eventually :)
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

domitmn

Ray
Ray

Posts: 110

Joined: 29.12.2011, 14:50

Post 14.06.2012, 06:34

Re: Restricted 32x16

@dcode: I never tried to offend you, I felt a bit offended by ALT so i replied to his posts.

@ALT: Thanks for the further explanations, that's something I might work with, but as conflicted as we got over the X's I really coulnd't tell from your short 'red-dislike'-post that this won't end up in the same mess.


My honest opinon:
I like my red block's and don't think that it will effect anyones building thoughts on other maps if there is red in them, too.
I can live with the normal grid, but can also give it a try to fade out the X's in the background if there is any chance for the X-Version.
If their is a general opinion for the red box becoming a red 'waterlike' thing I might try that as well, I think the edgy box from the first version fitted well with the edgy X'S..
but I'm not quite please with the yellow-grey colors...

Sorry for my harsh tone, I'll try to be more polite...
Please post all your thoughts in one post the next time because otherwise I change and change and change and that is annoying...
<<

Daninja

Large Manta
Large Manta

Posts: 60

Joined: 11.03.2012, 23:44

Post 16.06.2012, 02:55

Re: Restricted 32x16

First of all, I don't understand all the buzz about the design...I like nearly all designs (except those yellow ones :D), which I like best is: restricted_simpelgrid.jpg (90.54 KiB) Viewed 16 times

And btw. I liked the very first design too, it's good, I don't think it needed any changes. Who would think that all the X fields (about 90% of the map) are blocked would have to be a fool, a map like that would be unplayable. Even if you thought that in the very first glance, before the game would start you'd assume that the red marks the blocked areas, not X, because it wouldn't make much sence.

There are many maps, on which if you play for the first time you can be confused and it's not 100% clear what the path is, how long will creeps wait on stops, what are even stop, what are splits and undergrounds...so you just have to play it, improvise and get to know the map as you play it, that's additional challenge...so having that in mind, this map has no problems, pick any design you like dcode and add it, haters gonna hate. I personally like "restricted_simplegrid.jpg" the best.
<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 16.06.2012, 10:21

Re: Restricted 32x16

Daninja wrote:Even if you thought that in the very first glance, before the game would start you'd assume that the red marks the blocked areas, not X, because it wouldn't make much sence.

Why would i assume that? That makes less sense than assuming that X is blocked ;)

Daninja wrote:There are many maps, on which if you play for the first time you can be confused and it's not 100% clear what the path is, how long will creeps wait on stops, what are even stop, what are splits and undergrounds...so you just have to play it, improvise and get to know the map as you play it, that's additional challenge...so having that in mind, this map has no problems, pick any design you like dcode and add it, haters gonna hate. I personally like "restricted_simplegrid.jpg" the best.

That is different, on those map they have no chance to do it differently, in this map he has the chance to make it clear, but he doesnt want to because he wants to be ultra special.

Im fine with the red though, i can live with it, but its ugly to me; i dont care if a map is (slightly) ugly, i can live with it! but if it looks illogical then i start screaming ;) (like with the X's case). I only made that yellow suggestion because i thought it looked better than those red thing. And i still think it looks better, sorry.
<<

Pezinator

User avatar

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Posts: 1254

Joined: 11.03.2012, 20:27

Post 16.06.2012, 10:30

Re: Restricted 32x16

Alt most of the people playing CreepTD aren't stupid. As Daninja already said. You recognize this within the first 5 Sek when you want to build a tower on the red area. And yes he wan'ts to make a special map of course! It's his map after all and he wan't to like it. BTW. imho red is far better than yellow :D Finally, why not take the version Bumblebee has made in his post. The one from Domitm with red areas and without x there is nothing more to improve :D
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
<<

domitmn

Ray
Ray

Posts: 110

Joined: 29.12.2011, 14:50

Post 16.06.2012, 11:01

Re: Restricted 32x16

@Pezinator: I don't see a version from Bumblebee, I believe you mean my version from this post, correct me if I'm wrong:
http://www.creeptd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1063&start=20#p14196


@Alt:
in this map he has the chance to make it clear, but he doesnt want to because he wants to be ultra special.


It's correct that I prefer the X-Version, but I also made the effort to go back to the simple grid as you can see in the link above to which Pezinator was refering (as far as I believe).



PS: I updated the first post, so it now includes the two versions I prefer the most and that (from my point of view) seem to be accepted by most of the other users.
<<

Pezinator

User avatar

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Posts: 1254

Joined: 11.03.2012, 20:27

Post 16.06.2012, 11:07

Re: Restricted 32x16

Domitm i mean exactly the version you just posted
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 16.06.2012, 13:23

Re: Restricted 32x16

Pezinator wrote:Alt most of the people playing CreepTD aren't stupid.

How most? 51%? :roll:

If you ever go to play this game, you will notice 80% of players have <1000 skill... why? Is it because they are smart? :roll:
<<

Daninja

Large Manta
Large Manta

Posts: 60

Joined: 11.03.2012, 23:44

Post 16.06.2012, 14:11

Re: Restricted 32x16

ALT wrote:
Daninja wrote:Even if you thought that in the very first glance, before the game would start you'd assume that the red marks the blocked areas, not X, because it wouldn't make much sence.

Why would i assume that? That makes less sense than assuming that X is blocked ;)


Ok, now I understand why the map creator is discussing with you here on 3 pages, because you clearly are out of common sences....if the grey Xs were blocked, this map would be pretty much unplayable, so a normal person would assume, that RED marks blocked and grey is just plain underground.


ALT wrote:That is different, on those map they have no chance to do it differently, in this map he has the chance to make it clear, but he doesnt want to because he wants to be ultra special.


That's just simply not true, they had chance to make it differently, there ALWAYS is a way to do it differently if you try hard enough. And I like that the mapauthor is trying to be creative, if everybody was as conservative as you, the maps would be extraboring. So thanks for nothing.

ALT wrote:Im fine with the red though, i can live with it, but its ugly to me; i dont care if a map is (slightly) ugly, i can live with it! but if it looks illogical then i start screaming ;) (like with the X's case). I only made that yellow suggestion because i thought it looked better than those red thing. And i still think it looks better, sorry.


No, the map is nice, it's logical to everybody but you. IMPORTANT THING: EVEN IF SOMEBODY WOULD BE SO FOOLISH TO THINK EVERY GREY X MEANS BLOCKED, HOW LONG WOULD IT ACTUALLY TAKE HIM AFTER THE GAME STARTS TO REALISE WHERE (S)HE CAN BUILD? YOU CAN JUST SLIDE OVER THE TWO PARTS OF THE UNDERGROUND WITH YOUR MOUSE, AND IN 1 SEC YOU SURELY KNOW WHERE YOU CAN BUILD AND WHERE YOU CAN'T.

To sum it up, the map path is good, almost all designs are okay and logical, stop whining here about that the map design is not 100% to your taste, there are many maps I hate design-wise but still like to play path-wise. Stop being a child and contribute with some idea that can simply help this map move forward, not with design alternatives that really don't change anything significant. :ugeek:

"NO FRIPPERY. PURE GAMING. ARE YOU SMART ENOUGH?"

Where have I seen this? 8-) So quit all the frippery about this map design, I think the most acceptable and nice is the one the mapauthor posted 2 or 3 posts up replying to Pezinator. Let's go with that and quit this frippery and get back to pure gaming ;)
<<

ALT

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Posts: 215

Joined: 12.03.2012, 12:23

Post 16.06.2012, 19:49

Re: Restricted 32x16

Writing on CAPS doesnt make your point any better btw. So try to avoid it. Nobody likes CAPS.

The map is fine for me, im fine with anything really, but im also enthusiastic for improvements :) so dont be offended if i say which would be better in my opinion. btw im not the only person here who thinks the X's were confusing. I know, it is confusing only for 2 seconds, but so what? IMO it shouldnt be confusing at the first place. Again, this is just my opinion, dont take it too personally.

I am not whining here... as i said, im just enthusiastic. Im fine with anything you make, just giving you guys suggestions, if you dont like it then dont like it... its not a big deal really. I did contribute with ideas 3 times already!

Really, i am fine with any map being added. Im not "hater" or asshole... you misunderstand me... im just trying to make this map accepted so i can play it.

Peace bro.
<<

Fist

Mako
Mako

Posts: 21

Joined: 27.05.2012, 21:25

Post 18.06.2012, 15:54

Re: Restricted 32x16

Hell, why is everyone trying to change so much about this? I loved the original version.. ;w;'
<<

Pezinator

User avatar

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Posts: 1254

Joined: 11.03.2012, 20:27

Post 18.06.2012, 16:13

Re: Restricted 32x16

Fist wrote:Hell, why is everyone trying to change so much about this? I loved the original version.. ;w;'

:) At least someone who isn't completely insane!
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."
PreviousNext

Return to Maps: FUN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
© CreepTD.com · Powered by phpBB · Style by ST Software