FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

The Survivor balancing issue

<<

Philipp20

Ray
Ray

Post 31.01.2012, 23:58

Re: The Survivor balancing issue

But what do you want ? You cant expect that you kill huge waves of motherships on a short map like speedvector or similar. If you play against other players on speedvector in most cases you dont even get to send more than a speedy raider before everyone dies.... !
Furthermore survivor has got to be really hard at some point because if not theres no challenge in it !

Sponsor

Post 31.01.2012, 23:58

Re: Re: The Survivor balancing issue

<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 00:55

What i want ? I want the old survivor mode back. I dont expect waves of mofo ships coming on speedvector... in fact, when the first one comes, im dead. But i wasnt in the old mode! I could kill at least one of them before...

I dont play speedvector on other game modes except survivor because its stupid for other game modes, for the reasons you already said. And now the survivor mode is basically how it would be 1v1 game: you would wait for harder creeps etc. And i dont think that is fun...
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 13:08

tracker wrote:What i want ? I want the old survivor mode back. I dont expect waves of mofo ships coming on speedvector... in fact, when the first one comes, im dead. But i wasnt in the old mode! I could kill at least one of them before...

I dont play speedvector on other game modes except survivor because its stupid for other game modes, for the reasons you already said. And now the survivor mode is basically how it would be 1v1 game: you would wait for harder creeps etc. And i dont think that is fun...

The old durvivor mode was too easy! It is no option to return to the old survivor mode!
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 13:11

krunx wrote:The old durvivor mode was too easy! It is no option to return to the old survivor mode!

it was easy on long maps yeah. and currently long maps are boring to play too... i only play on speedvector size maps (less than 40 steps).

edit: not 100 steps! LOL, speedvector is 29... so i guess less than 40 is short map.
Last edited by tracker on 01.02.2012, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 13:12

tracker wrote:
krunx wrote:The old durvivor mode was too easy! It is no option to return to the old survivor mode!

it was easy on long maps yeah. and currently long maps are boring to play too... i only play on speedvector size maps (less than 100 steps).

k and if you play short maps, the game will end earlier!
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 13:17

krunx wrote:k and if you play short maps, the game will end earlier!

thats the point! but in old survivor mode the game could have lasted even 20mins on speedvector. it was nearly perfect for survival, there was some boring waiting included, but all in all, it was really good for survival mode. it was so good that there was a chance to kill every creep to first phoenix! atm i can barely kill vulture when it comes...

it would be cool if we could create our own survival mode spam sequences for each map. then the players who play those, could vote after game ends thumbs up or thumbs down. then you can sort the sequences by popularity and choose the best and perhaps modify it yourself to make it more interesting, like, add slightly more random in it. etc.
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 13:32

tracker wrote:
krunx wrote:k and if you play short maps, the game will end earlier!

thats the point! but in old survivor mode the game could have lasted even 20mins on speedvector. it was nearly perfect for survival, there was some boring waiting included, but all in all, it was really good for survival mode. it was so good that there was a chance to kill every creep to first phoenix! atm i can barely kill vulture when it comes...

it would be cool if we could create our own survival mode spam sequences for each map. then the players who play those, could vote after game ends thumbs up or thumbs down. then you can sort the sequences by popularity and choose the best and perhaps modify it yourself to make it more interesting, like, add slightly more random in it. etc.

If you want longer games, you have to play longer maps... the real solution!
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 13:48

krunx wrote:If you want longer games, you have to play longer maps... the real solution!

I dont actually want longer games... 15mins is enough for me. and playing longer maps isnt the solution... most of the longer maps are easy as hell, but in the end they are too hard: you die pretty quickly after they start spamming raptors. so longer maps just play slow at beginning; you can kill creeps with no problems, basically you just wait for better creeps, but when they come, you can barely kill them.

and the problem with the survival mode isnt solvable by longer maps anyways, because you get money from kills: longer maps doesnt provide any better solutions to kill the creeps, only easy maps provide those, like quadcore etc where there is a lot of time for one tower to shoot a creep. so, longer maps are just longer but still almost as hard as speedvector, UNLESS it has those easy "hot spots" i talked about.

everyone i have played survival with has said the current income method sucks. we want the old back!
Previous

Return to Development