FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

Fullscreen?

<<

xdXP

Speedy Raider
Speedy Raider

Post 08.07.2013, 12:25

Fullscreen?

my native resolution is 1900x1080 but i dont find hard to see everything cause i play on a 40 inch tv. yes im crazy xD
but yesterday i was playing with my friend on his 19 inch monitor on the same resolution and i find a bit hard to see some words and it was very empty the game with almost half the screen a background its a good background but fullscreen would be better
Attachments
ctd.png
ctd.png (510.81 KiB) Viewed 17846 times
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.

Sponsor

Post 08.07.2013, 12:25

Re: Fullscreen?

<<

gyasar

Mako
Mako

Post 31.08.2013, 20:50

I have a 15.6" screen with 1080p resolution and similarly I mostly see background image when I go fullscreen. Full HD gameplay would be really wonderful...for my eyes.
<<

penq

Fast Nova
Fast Nova

Post 27.01.2014, 14:35

Yeah, same problem now! And its essantial, i cant play anymore! Its just too small
<<

penq

Fast Nova
Fast Nova

Post 15.02.2016, 13:50

Till today no further developments in this task?
Too bad :cry:
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 15.02.2016, 16:52

All the graphics are pixel exact and do not scale well to higher resolutions. There is just one way to improve that: Remake everything.
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

NEb0

Mako
Mako

Post 04.05.2020, 04:16

as a simple possible workaround you could use -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 option.
It just scales up all the graphics by a factor of 2 which could be useful on HiDPI displays. Also, you can play with a parameter 2: if i understood correctly, some java implementations can scale by a non-integer factor, like 1.5, or 1.7 (looks like my openjdk doesn't support it).
For linux or macos client, that could be done by editing the "launcher" sh file. Open the CreepTD file in the root directory of the game with a text editor (geany/nano/vi/emacs/textmate), find the line like
  Code:
java -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -client -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Xincgc -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar $path/bin/bootstrap.jar -jar bin/creeptd-launcher.jar
and change it to:
  Code:
java -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 -Dsun.java2d.opengl=true -client -Xms128m -Xmx256m -Xincgc -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar $path/bin/bootstrap.jar -jar bin/creeptd-launcher.jar

(so, here i added -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 part. if you have a bit different other parameters, it's normal, just copy and past -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 part)

For windows, you could create a such "loader" manually. Create a .bat file in the game's directory ("near" CreepTD.exe file). Name it, for example, CreepTD-launch.bat, open it with a text editor (notepad++, notepad.exe, SublimeText or another), and put this contents into it:
  Code:
cd %~dp0
java -jar  -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true bin/creeptd-launcher.jar

Save the file, and then you can launch it like a usual exe application.
Again, you can try to change that setting (e.g. put 1.5 instead of 2, probably it would work, probably not) if you want to get bigger or smaller window size. Of course, it's not fullscreen mode, but at least something
<<

NEb0

Mako
Mako

Post 06.05.2020, 02:12

okay, we have tested it under windows. There, we have some issues with it.
The first one, the flag is working only at newer (>8) java versions. So, you have to find java9 or more. I didn't found official jre builds, but you can use jdk (https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html) with versions more than 8. (now 11 or 14 are available). I tested with 14 version of jdk: https://www.oracle.com/java/technologie ... loads.html
The second issue, that in the original game client there is a java version check which implemented incorrect, so if you have 14 version, there will be a warning like "your java version is outdated, do you want to update the version?". Looks like here you need to click "Yes" (because clicking "No" will close the game) every time when you launch the game. For sure, you don't need any update, just close the browser window.
The third issue, after installing new java version, now you have two versions at the same time. There could be some conflicts. For non-expirienced users, just uninstall the old version of java and reboot the PC. For more advanced users, you could find the full path to your new java version (Something like "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-14.0.1\bin\java.exe") and put it instead of just "java" in the bat file. So, it would be something like:
  Code:
@echo off
cd %~dp0
"c:\Program Files\Java\jdk-14.0.1\bin\java.exe" -Dsun.java2d.win.uiScaleX=1.35 -Dsun.java2d.win.uiScaleY=1.35 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar bin\creeptd-client.jar

The fourth issue, you will have a console window during the game is running. There are a number of workarounds (for example, https://www.robvanderwoude.com/battech_hideconsole.php), i think i can fix it if somebody will feel a lot of discomfort of it... maybe later.
Please, write your feedback if you tested the method (here or in PM).
<<

Dieego98

Mercury
Mercury

Post 09.05.2020, 23:45

Here is a link for java 9 for 32bits computer (turns out it is pretty hard to find, only up to java 8 on the official page). The installer comes with an option to uninstall old versions, so no need to worry about that.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ybjtbh4m ... n.exe/file

Also, if someone else is computer illiterate like me, here is a direct download to the bat file needed for fullscreen. Just download this file and put it in the main folder of CreepTD, and open it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1usje410x ... l.bat/file

It is possible to make the window bigger or smaller: just right click on the file and click ''edit'' (or open with notepad) and change the two instances where it says 1.2 to whatever you want (1.3 is bigger, 1.1 smaller, etc).

Finally, for using NEb0's client, you would have to edit the end of the bat file, and instead of ''-jar bin/creeptd-client.jar'', it should say ''-jar [THE NAME OF THE CLIENT FILE].jar''. For example, for me it is ''-jar ctdneb0.jar''. This assumes that the client file is also saved on the main folder of ctd.

Return to Development