FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

New Towers and New Creeps

<<

Doxslayer

Mercury
Mercury

Post 25.09.2013, 03:35

New Towers and New Creeps

I really think that, while the game does involve a lot of strategy, I feel as though it is very narrow in terms of tactics.

What I think the game needs is more diversity. Or possibly to elaborate upon certain things that ARE diverse. For example, maybe the green creeps could slow down to maybe 50% speed when not being attacked to further elaborate on the regen in a more visual way. Maybe some creeps should have ridiculous health/speed/abiliies but give the sender less income and give the killer a HUGE BOUNTY. Things like this can allow for a pressure plan, forcing opposing teams into a defense mode, or a preserve plan, which would help your team perserve itself as it climbs up in income. Maybe some special power-ups should be buyable, like a 50% speed increase for 10 seconds, or a freeze every creep on your screen for 8 seconds. What if you guys made a new special tower or creep that changes every week or month, forcing people to change tactics or adapt.

What I want is more strategy and tactics.

Splash resistance, splash immunity, Bosses, Poison or fire towers (DoT), traps that are placeable ON THE PATH, towers that can be placed in ENEMY TERRITORY that actually HEAL or grant protection from damage or EMPs, Creeps that enter your OWN base and do a health for health trade-off with enemy creeps that collide (5 life matches for that as I could see this being a too big a blocker), maybe if they get to the end f your OWN base you get a life BACK, Towers that support OTHER towers, Creeps that support OTHER creeps, Creeps that aid Near-by Creeps, Bulky creeps that release faster weaker creeps upon destruction. Elemental creeps that correspond to Elemental Towers, resistant to some and weak to others sort of thing.

This game has too much potential for just new repetitive game modes and maps, or little (But usually very useful and helpful) features. You built a great game, good enough to grab peoples attention. But Why not branch or update. Not sure how an idea will go with the public? Ask us. Build a Creep TD Elements version, or Mass Co-Operation version, or something.

There's no way I'm the first to come up with ANY of these ideas. You have the ability to build and create, and the world AND probably yourselves (Developers) have ideas waiting to be born. You're restraining yourself from going farther because you're drenched in relief that its finally built, happy about the money you made, and proud of your big and growing fanbase. You are scared that you might crush your success by attempting to reach for something greater, and failing in the end and losing the games popularity. I drew a picture in Grade 9 once, and every student agreed that it was the best in the class. It was a picture of a man falling into a sharks mouth. However, in being scared I might ruin the picture by attempting something fancy, I simply covered the rest of the page with water, barely even rippling from the massive shark that had just broke the surface. I was given a B- and was told it was too blank and the picture was unfinished. I watched as the rest of the class sat in success, not because of their skill or ability, simply because of their uniqueness and effort. Sure, Grand Theft Auto V might be hot right now, but it won't go down in history like Pac-Man or Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, and 3.

Finish the drawing, make that game that you wish could make as a kid, and watch as your fanbase becomes more and more in common with the things you enjoy and, sure, maybe smaller, but a game that appeals to those who truely want it. Who wanted it as a child, as a teen, and even now. They are the ones that will be inspired for greatness themselves.

LOL, I'm done. That's it.

Sponsor

Post 25.09.2013, 03:35

Re: New Towers and New Creeps

<<

Seraph07

Mothership
Mothership

Post 25.09.2013, 14:54

Hello,
thank you for your large suggestion!
Improvements would be great for CreepTD, we planed some things like the Custom mode (you can change the startstettings like lives, credits or income) or a CreepTD HD version on html 5 - but Dcode (our only programmer) does not code on this projekt atm.

So we cannot realy do somthing. Thank you for your support, I hope you like this game even in this basic design.

PS: you posted this article in 2 equal threads, so I moved one into the bin.
<<

Doxslayer

Mercury
Mercury

Post 25.09.2013, 23:14

That post was kind of ridiculous, didn't know you only had one programmer. That must be hard for him to handle. I did read the custom mode thread and it does sound like a neat idea, especially for when friends want to bring in friends. It allows for the friend who knows the game to set-up a mode that he/she think will benefit the learning experience the most. I do love the game but I feel as though I get out-played by the same tactics all the time, and when I try to replicate them I either don't have enough experience to execute or they just studied the system more in depth. I was never good at chess.

One thing I've tried is a somewhat weaker defense at first, and sure maybe I lose lives, but at least I might have a slight advantage income wise. For example, maybe at 8 lives left I start to get a bit more serious on defense and by then I hopefully have a bit higher income than my opponent(s). Still, its a risky tactic.

Sorry for sounding so... demanding? Irritated? Passionate? I don't know, but yeah.
<<

ChaosX

Ray
Ray

Post 08.10.2013, 10:30

Awesome ideas !! If you got more please let me know..
<<

bihface

Mercury
Mercury

Post 04.01.2014, 22:59

i think thats it is to hard for only one programer, too. I think creep TD have to make advertising for programing. There are so many good programer which don´t know the game. Maybe advertising at all.

Return to Suggestions