Forum Translator Button/Upgrade

<<

GhostStalker

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 13.04.2013, 00:20

Forum Translator Button/Upgrade

Just a thought,

Going through the forums once again, I am set back in my inquiries due to not understanding the language the messages have been posted in. If i really need the answer, i have to run it through google translator, such is inconvienent, but if i don't really care for an answer i just pass it by and look for something in english.
Having an optional translator button built into forums might be an idea, as i don't think that there will ever be just one language here. I know, I know, I'm picky, I need to learn German, i'm lazy cause i don't want to run it through a translator, It's just an idea, maybe something to work on for the next update or something. Thanks.

Sponsor

Post 13.04.2013, 00:20

Re: Forum Translator Button/Upgrade

<<

Ximon

Phoenix
Phoenix

Post 15.04.2013, 10:12

Do u think u press the button and somebody from the forum will be ur personal translator??? Must be a joke. And google translator sucks. There is no need of a button. However, if you are rly interested in a topic and cant understand some post, just ask for help in that topic.
For ur problem we just opened an international english forum right here. ;)
<<

Lamer

Vulture
Vulture

Post 15.04.2013, 22:08

Google Translator doesnt suck ...
+ There are Hacks for Auto-Tanslate Board Content.

But thats the same like using Google Tranlslation.

@Toopic: You can Translate a whole Website.
Just copy the URL into Google-Translator.
You can also make a Bookmark for the Translated Website.
So you have a one click Auto-Translation for all Topics.
<<

GhostStalker

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 16.04.2013, 22:43

"Do u think u press the button and somebody from the forum will be ur personal translator???"
no thats not what i ment, that is simply unreasonable.
I meant: hmm, how to explain. Google Chrome has a built in adition to the browser, when it discovers that you are viewing a web page that is not in your prefered language, it has a little pop-up below the url bar, that asks if you would like to translate the page. You simply click the button, and it loads the current page in your language.
Maybe, this butoon i was talking about, is built into the forums page, and clicking it directs information to a third party site that translates it and sends the information back.., or as there are already several translator staff, perhaps these said staff translate the pages in their own time, and save these translations to be readily accessed at the click of a button..
I'm not really sure what the best way to approach this might be, so there are a couple ideas anyways.
Again, the purpose of this button is so that every person/player viewing the forums can view every single post with out having to translate themselves, widening the help, answers, solutions and ideas that everyone would have access to.
<<

Lamer

Vulture
Vulture

Post 16.04.2013, 23:00

Hello

Did you read my Post?

Here is what you mean.
But I think the above solution is better.
Such a button is not really necessary, i think.
To speak of laziness when you have to make 2 clicks more is also an understatement.. :|
Last edited by Lamer on 16.04.2013, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
<<

manuel

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 16.04.2013, 23:02

Use Google Chrome and you got than button for all languages.
<<

GhostStalker

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 17.04.2013, 23:35

"I know, I know, I'm picky, I need to learn German, i'm lazy cause i don't want to run it through a translator, It's just an idea"

Like I said, it's just a thought, a suggestion.
Lamer: (yes i read your post) That is more or less what I was thinking, [click "here" button] but that particular software i think is a bit 'off' for these Forums. For one, all messages have to be posted in the default language in order to be translated, which is the reason for this idea. Two, that software has to be installed. My origional thought was something that is built into the forums, you don't gotta run extra software, or have extra add-on's in your browser. Something simple, and quick is ideal I think, to make for fast, understandable forum browsing for anyone of any language prefrence.
I do agree that a button for this option is not completly necessary, especially if it is done automatically.
And yes, the lazieness factor here is an understatement, but if you recall, I stated that if I really want an answer I will translate, to find what I'm looking for.
(It just really blows to translate several messages that only include words like: Yes I agree, or, Why would you waste your time? or No, your just lazy. These comments are useless and are a waste of time when translating messages. Generally, each thread has several of these messages, but they must be translated in order to get a proper answer, and they can't be seperated from true information on the topic being searched as they are in another language.)
Like I said:
"I know, I know, I'm picky, I need to learn German, i'm lazy cause i don't want to run it through a translator, It's just an idea, maybe something to work on for the next update or something. Thanks."
<<

GhostStalker

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 17.04.2013, 23:40

Maybe if there was a selection for which language you prefer, in your 'My CreepTD' page, that saves your prefered language along with skill, exp, liked maps ect. Once this language is selected, all text on the site is translated to that language, including forums.
This would be a little more reasonable if these translation were done automatically, as there are over 7000 languages on the planet :P

Return to Suggestions