FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

Our real enemy: Disconnect!

<<

Daninja

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 12.06.2012, 04:06

Our real enemy: Disconnect!

I've asked dcode many times if there is something about to be done with the disconnects, haven't got any reply concerning that matter, so I must post here for this to be dealt with?

Disconnection - you play, having no problems, at one point, your internet connections interrupts for 10-30 seconds, then it comes back on, but you get a long lag, then creen says "Connection lost - Reconnecting".

Reconnecting doesn't work, once you get that screen you're dead. Even if connection is back on IN THE MOMENT the screen pops out, you don't get reconnected. It kicks you out of the game to the log-in screen, if you log-in back, you have NO CHANCE to get to that game again.

Not even mentioning here that if you log-in after the disconnect bug WITHOUT restarting the client, keyboard WILL NOT work for you, that means shortcuts or even basic chat.

If this was only my problem at one place, I'd let it go, it's my problem and I have to deal with it as I can. But this concerns a lot of players, I see people disconnected maybe in every 5th game?

Solution proposals:

1) Make the reconnection function work! Give the player all the time he needs to reconnect - may that be 5 seconds or 5 minutes. Just add him credits for all the rounds he hadn't played, like if he was AFK the whole time.

2) Let the players rejoin the game after they re-login after being disconnected (perhaps more difficult than the first option).

You can come out with more options to fix this maybe, although the first one seems the best thing to do here, offering the least difficulties.

Including my log from the last disconnect. Its usually the same, something like "waiting for XX ticks" over and over again, today a bit different problem maybe, some bug in the last update perhaps.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/1zoc6x0.jpg

http://oi46.tinypic.com/11scnf6.jpg

Sponsor

Post 12.06.2012, 04:06

Re: Our real enemy: Disconnect!

Return to Bugs