FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

Roadmap to CreepTD 1.0.0

<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 26.01.2012, 01:49

Re: Roadmap to CreepTD 1.0.0

edit: wait... i just tested the old version and it works the same? :shock: i have played this game maybe a year and just now i noticed it :shock: ? :shock: ? why the hell i have such a problem with the new version, its like the buttons gets stuck and if i press Sell button, and unpress, and move mouse, it still sells everything under my mouse.

hmm, simply but hovering and pressing the button doesnt seem to work in the old version always... maybe thats why im used to click it too? i tried to upgrade a tower but it didnt do anything even when i had enough money. oh i see, it was because the focus was on the chat box... probably thats why im used to click: changes focus to the game too, and its 100% sure to work! i dont see a reason why it works without click though... doesnt give anything bonus, i would set it work with click only since it seems most logical to me. edit: nope, that chat box focus wasnt the problem, the problem was i had already clicked a tower! god damn... seriously, im sure that is why i dont trust the focus-only method: too unsure.

its funny how i had forgotten how it works and replaced it with my own bulletproof methods i had developed myself! maybe you should take a hint from that 8-)

Sponsor

Post 26.01.2012, 01:49

Re: Re: Roadmap to CreepTD 1.0.0

<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 04:16

I took a deeper look into the issue that keys remain pressed, e.g. a short while after upgrading or selling via shortcut. As far as I can tell this is not a bug, it's just a more accurate behaviour than in the old version. In the old version, a repeatingly called key pressed event was required to issue an action. You know that from holding down a key: aaaaaaaaaaaaa. Everytime an "a" is added, the old version executed a command. Especially for the second event, there is some delay - try it yourself. The new version, however, does not require those repeatingly called key type events. It just checks if the key is currently down while hovering another tower. Because of this, the action is no more delayed by some random value depending on your operating system's settings but executed immediately. The corresponding key released event is fired the same way and it's processed immediately when receiving it from the operating system.

What I am trying to say is that the "key is still hold" issue, some people complain about here, may just be the result of being more accurate on the low level while the previous one was pretty bad on this.

For everyone who does not like shortcuts being executed on hovered towers in general, there is now an option to disable this behaviour completely.
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

Philipp20

Ray
Ray

Post 26.01.2012, 13:07

If i get you right: I can now choose between hovering without delay or no hovering at all ?
I think everyone just wants hovering like it was before: The bad way, with delay :D
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 13:11

Philipp20 wrote:If i get you right: I can now choose between hovering without delay or no hovering at all ?
I think everyone just wants hovering like it was before: The bad way, with delay :D

I want upgrading without delay!
<<

EasyX

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 26.01.2012, 13:14

Es ist schwer sich umzustellen auf diese geschwindigkeit... bringt aber theoretisch vorteile..
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 26.01.2012, 13:31

dcode wrote:What I am trying to say is that the "key is still hold" issue, some people complain about here, may just be the result of being more accurate on the low level while the previous one was pretty bad on this.

For everyone who does not like shortcuts being executed on hovered towers in general, there is now an option to disable this behaviour completely.

I dont think it matters if its accurate in means of programming if the result annoys 90% of users ;) Think what is best for players and best for usability instead.

If you add that option to disable hovering-only actions, that will be great! I dont think anyone really used the only-hover method in the old version... because its so "buggy" that probably everyone has learnt what i did.

krunx wrote:I want upgrading without delay!

Im not sure why do you need that? its not like you get any advantage if it upgrades a tower 5 milliseconds faster in the new version. I have never had a problem in the old version about too slow upgrade button presses... maybe the only advantage is that in new version you can "draw" a line of towers faster? but tbh, that can be fixed with much more reliable ways than increasing the speed of button-down checks. (like draw a line from previous cursor pos to current pos).
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 13:40

I think you will get used to this very fast! It will be a advantage long -term.
<<

Philipp20

Ray
Ray

Post 26.01.2012, 13:40

I dont understand the advantages of this: Maybe you´re right krunx, upgrading is faster, but i did a lot of mistakes with it and everyone has the same speed of upgrading, no matter if you´ve got delay or not ! In my opinion its nicer to have things delayed this half a second but i dont make mistakes all the time unless i spend a long time on learning it...
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 26.01.2012, 14:04

krunx wrote:I think you will get used to this very fast! It will be a advantage long -term.

i dont understand what advantage it gives? so far only pain.

edit: (readed Philipp20's comment) does it really upgrade half a second LATER? if so, please change it that way so its forced to upgrade half a second later for everyone or its possible to cheat that way ...
<<

Large Manta
Large Manta

Post 26.01.2012, 15:30

+ tracker

also ich finde es, die neue steurung auch schrecklich, ma vk ich zu "viel", mal baue ich zu "viel" oder an der falschen stelle.
Außerdem könnt ihr nicht erwarten, dass jeder (neue) user gleich alle shortcuts drauf hat oder sich über die Hilfe informiert, dass macht ein 0815 spieler einfach nicht..... Außerdem ist das alte System viel intuitiver, weil es sich auch stark an andere td games anlehnt.
Ich denke, der größte teil der user denkt ebefalls so...
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 15:46

Vielleicht wäre es die beste Lösung, wenn man die Verzögerung einstellen kann, dann kann jeder den Optimalwert für sich einstellen!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Maybe it would be the best solution if you can set the delay, then everyone can adjust to the optimal value for themselves!
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 26.01.2012, 15:48

krunx wrote:Maybe it would be the best solution if you can set the delay, then everyone can adjust to the optimal value for themselves!

HELL NO!! the delay should be game specific - part of the gameplay - same for everyone.

But there shouldnt be this delay problem when dcode makes it so you have to click too, i think it will fix everything. Not sure though... we'll see.
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 15:59

tracker wrote:HELL NO!! the delay should be game specific - part of the gameplay - same for everyone.

Why?

You have no arguments!
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 16:10

He is right. It should be the same for everyone because this is vital when it comes to competitive gameplay. But as I said, you are free to disable hovered shortcuts completely, the changes are already available in the beta.
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

Philipp20

Ray
Ray

Post 26.01.2012, 16:10

krunx wrote:
tracker wrote:HELL NO!! the delay should be game specific - part of the gameplay - same for everyone.

Why?

You have no arguments!

Because then you get an disadvantage if you're playing with a little delay....
<<

krunx

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2012, 16:16

dcode wrote:He is right. It should be the same for everyone because this is vital when it comes to competitive gameplay. But as I said, you are free to disable hovered shortcuts completely, the changes are already available in the beta.

k, this is the problem
<<

Seeebi

Mercury
Mercury

Post 17.09.2012, 15:28

Mutterschiff schöne idee gefällt mir recht gut :)
Previous

Return to Development