FAQ  •  Advanced search  •  Login

when disconnected, be able to re-enter game

<<

Splint

Mercury
Mercury

Post 01.05.2013, 08:15

when disconnected, be able to re-enter game

Very frustrating when you are going good especially in 2v2 and you get disconnected. It would be good if you could re-enter the game once you log back in

Sponsor

Post 01.05.2013, 08:15

Re: when disconnected, be able to re-enter game

<<

gyasar

Mako
Mako

Post 19.08.2013, 00:06

I couldn't agree more. I have a really bad internet connection nowadays causing disconnections in some games. Being unable to continue the games after reconnection when my income is higher than those of other players is really frustrating (even in xp only send to random games). I would be very thankful to developers for fixing this problem if possible.

An example to my problem: https://www.creeptd.com/en/games/yhngep ... aw8l1lh7qy
<<

xdXP

Speedy Raider
Speedy Raider

Post 19.08.2013, 03:46

so what would happen when you were out of the game? let´s say cause of disconnection.
-will the server act as the player was still there even if the "disconnection" would be continuous and if you would join back the server would need to force a double login in the same account and pls tell me what game will act as players were still on even the players were really off doesn´t make sense

and even worst how do you expect to join on a running game?
-the game forces all players to download the map before the game starts and even if it was possible that would create major lag and we all know that in-game a second of lag could mean if you win or lose
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
<<

gyasar

Mako
Mako

Post 19.08.2013, 13:16

Well, I don't really know the technical details of this situation but after disconnection, games continue for a couple more rounds with existing towers until they become too weak to handle new coming stronger creeps as If I was in the game doing nothing. I would like to continue my game after reconnection because my most disconnections last only half a minute. Therefore, I think It would be great If there is a time limit (e.g. 30 sec.) for people to join back to avoid continuous disconnections. Some people would still be able to quit the game because they don't really care about the game. As far as I know, some games (e.g. Age of Empires II and Team Fortress 2) somehow overcome this problem using a time limit. You download/load a map in these games too before a game starts.
<<

xdXP

Speedy Raider
Speedy Raider

Post 19.08.2013, 13:47

here is a very similiar thread about joining a running game
I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
<<

gyasar

Mako
Mako

Post 19.08.2013, 14:32

I don't speak German well but as far as I've understood by the help of Google Translate, there is already 2.5 seconds time limit (or something like that) after disconnection, right? But again this is obviously not enough most of the time. Apart from this, I couldn't fully understand anything else related to my problem. A summary or further explanation in English would be really nice. Thanks in advance.
<<

Seraph07

Mothership
Mothership

Post 19.08.2013, 17:59

We tried reconnection already and it did not worked very well.
There were also a lower toleration for asychron user in the past (2,5 secounds asynchron -> kick and trying to reconnect).

Today we have more toleration for lagging users, they can play longer even with a bad connection (asynchron over some rounds). At the moment it is not possible to create a functional rejoinmodule.
There is no option to join a running game for specs or for players after a disconnect.

We would need more serverpower so the servers can calculate the game to 100% and have the possibillity to send the guy who wants to join the current status. Atm the server works with approximate values because this is faster.
The other way would be, that the person who wants to join gets the informations from another client which can curse asynchronisation.
<<

gyasar

Mako
Mako

Post 19.08.2013, 19:32

Well, I see. Then I hope you'll fix this problem in the future when you have more and better servers. Until then, I think I'm going to stick to send to random games nowadays. Thanks a lot for your response.

Return to Suggestions