Highway 32x16

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 30.01.2012, 15:54

Highway 32x16

I got pissed off while playing coop... all the maps are super confusing, here is simple one and probably the hardest you can get:

highway3a_path.jpg
highway3a_path.jpg (54.87 KiB) Viewed 2992 times

highway_rotated2.jpg
highway_rotated2.jpg (95.65 KiB) Viewed 2992 times

the creeps doesnt go any faster in the "highway"

i noticed its a bitch to make 2v2 coop maps! hard to make the two paths to match 100% :shock:

Edit: improved gfx! note: you can build anywhere in the map! (except on road ofc).

the creeps will choose randomly from one of the four paths in the "highway"

Download:
map_Highway.zip
(46.1 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Edit: added zip.
Last edited by tracker on 01.02.2012, 18:42, edited 6 times in total.

Sponsor

Post 30.01.2012, 15:54

Re: Highway 32x16

<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 30.01.2012, 16:15

Re: [Map] Highway [2v2 coop]

How long is that map?

I like the roadgrafics! However the path is confusing me.. :)
Dieser Account ist inaktiv, neuer Ansprechaccount für euch: indeX
This Account is inactive, please write to: indeX
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 30.01.2012, 16:41

KiQuafix wrote:However the path is confusing me.. :)

:roll:

I improved the GFX now.

the path is pretty short! look at the image with the arrows.
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 30.01.2012, 17:10

Ok, i like it! :)
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 30.01.2012, 18:03

Added zip. When can i test it? :D
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 18:44

Updated the zip, now its truly random which path it choses! it has 400 sequence of randomly generated path options:

E,D,E,D,B,E,B,E,A,A,A,A,B,D,D,B,E,B,A,D,A,B,A,A,D,E,E,D,E,B,D,B,D,D,E,A,B,B,D,B,E,A,D,E,A,B,E,A,E,D,E,A,A,E,D,
E,D,B,B,A,D,B,B,A,E,D,B,E,B,A,D,E,A,A,D,E,B,A,B,D,B,E,E,D,A,D,A,A,A,B,E,D,B,E,D,B,A,D,B,E,E,B,D,E,B,D,A,B,A,E,
D,A,E,D,A,A,B,D,E,B,E,E,D,A,A,B,D,B,B,B,D,E,D,D,A,A,E,B,A,A,E,E,B,D,E,E,A,E,D,B,A,A,B,D,D,B,A,B,D,E,E,A,B,D,B,
A,A,E,A,B,E,D,E,D,D,B,D,E,A,B,A,A,D,D,D,E,B,B,E,E,A,B,A,D,A,D,E,B,E,E,E,A,B,B,D,D,B,A,A,B,B,D,B,D,E,D,D,B,A,A,
E,E,E,A,D,A,E,B,A,D,B,E,E,E,B,D,A,B,A,D,B,A,D,E,A,A,D,E,D,B,A,E,B,B,E,D,E,E,B,E,B,A,A,D,D,B,E,D,A,B,A,D,B,B,A,
B,E,E,D,E,A,A,D,D,A,E,D,B,E,B,E,A,B,D,B,B,A,A,D,A,E,E,D,D,D,B,A,A,B,A,D,D,E,E,B,E,A,E,D,B,A,A,A,D,E,D,D,E,B,A,
D,B,E,B,B,E,D,D,D,E,B,A,A,B,B,D,A,B,E,E,A,E,E,A,E,B,D,D,A,A,B,B,E,B,D,A,D,E,D,B,A,E,E,E,E,A,A,B,D,A,B,D,D,B,B,
B,B,D,A,D,D,A,E,E,A,A,E,B,D,E :D

it has maximum of 4 creeps going to same path sequentially. so it should look pretty funny in game :)

im not sure about how the coop maps thumbnail should be, im using 100x50 if thats ok?
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 01.02.2012, 20:50

tracker wrote:Updated the zip, now its truly random which path it choses! it has 400 sequence of randomly generated path options:

E,D,E,D,B,E,B,E,A,A,A,A,B,D,D,B,E,B,A,D,A,B,A,A,D,E,E,D,E,B,D,B,D,D,E,A,B,B,D,B,E,A,D,E,A,B,E,A,E,D,E,A,A,E,D,
E,D,B,B,A,D,B,B,A,E,D,B,E,B,A,D,E,A,A,D,E,B,A,B,D,B,E,E,D,A,D,A,A,A,B,E,D,B,E,D,B,A,D,B,E,E,B,D,E,B,D,A,B,A,E,
D,A,E,D,A,A,B,D,E,B,E,E,D,A,A,B,D,B,B,B,D,E,D,D,A,A,E,B,A,A,E,E,B,D,E,E,A,E,D,B,A,A,B,D,D,B,A,B,D,E,E,A,B,D,B,
A,A,E,A,B,E,D,E,D,D,B,D,E,A,B,A,A,D,D,D,E,B,B,E,E,A,B,A,D,A,D,E,B,E,E,E,A,B,B,D,D,B,A,A,B,B,D,B,D,E,D,D,B,A,A,
E,E,E,A,D,A,E,B,A,D,B,E,E,E,B,D,A,B,A,D,B,A,D,E,A,A,D,E,D,B,A,E,B,B,E,D,E,E,B,E,B,A,A,D,D,B,E,D,A,B,A,D,B,B,A,
B,E,E,D,E,A,A,D,D,A,E,D,B,E,B,E,A,B,D,B,B,A,A,D,A,E,E,D,D,D,B,A,A,B,A,D,D,E,E,B,E,A,E,D,B,A,A,A,D,E,D,D,E,B,A,
D,B,E,B,B,E,D,D,D,E,B,A,A,B,B,D,A,B,E,E,A,E,E,A,E,B,D,D,A,A,B,B,E,B,D,A,D,E,D,B,A,E,E,E,E,A,A,B,D,A,B,D,D,B,B,
B,B,D,A,D,D,A,E,E,A,A,E,B,D,E :D

It think it is enough when the go to A,B,C,D ...
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 21:48

sure its enough, but it doesnt look very natural when its too symmetric, thats why i wanted to randomize it more, since i tested the map in the online editor and it made 45 degree lines there... just doesnt look good.
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 02.02.2012, 02:24

I can't say if so many alternates would cause the game to lag or something like that yet. I am also thinking about implementing a random generator natively but I have not yet updated the map file syntax for this. Think it will look like "5,6 goto A,B,C random" or something like that.
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 02.02.2012, 11:51

dcode wrote:I can't say if so many alternates would cause the game to lag or something like that yet. I am also thinking about implementing a random generator natively but I have not yet updated the map file syntax for this. Think it will look like "5,6 goto A,B,C random" or something like that.

Good idea... ;)
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 02.02.2012, 13:43

dcode wrote:I can't say if so many alternates would cause the game to lag or something like that yet. I am also thinking about implementing a random generator natively but I have not yet updated the map file syntax for this. Think it will look like "5,6 goto A,B,C random" or something like that.

The PM i asked was about if it reads the file correctly, i am 100% sure this (my suggestion below) wont lag the game.

I still think my suggestion was better (which i sent to you via PM earlier too). like: "5,6 goto A%40.5,B%39.5,C%20", this would allow precise weighting for how much of which path it should pick in random. This my method is already implementable, really easy; all you have to do is to generate the "A,B,B,A,B,A,A,A,B,B,A,B..." sequences from that code above, it will work without any changes in your code, except adding that parser for the code i suggested. So if i use this code "5,6 goto A%40,B%40,C%20", it will generate the following code: "5,6 goto A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B,C,C", but of course it wont make it that perfect, it should make it at least 1000 in length so its truly random. This will eliminate the need for generating any random numbers in the game in real time so it will be ensured to work perfectly and not desync, and its also faster too (if that matters). you just read it like you already read it, no changes in code, except in the map parser you add one piece of code that modifies the map before it reads the data out of it with the current parser.

Return to Maps