Map recreation

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

Eluveitie

Mako
Mako

Post 31.01.2012, 13:47

Re: Map recreation

manuel wrote:Ganz am Anfang bei Long ist ein Feld in Pfadfarbe, das schwarz sein muss.
Allgemein bin ich jetzt von deinen beiden neuen Vorschläge nicht so begeistert, aber nicht schlecht. Sind beide etwas langweilig, da fehlt das gewisse Etwas.

geändert...

den maps hat doch vorher auch das gewisse etwas gefehlt :D
finde im gegensatz zu den originalen, sind diese viel farbenfroher und interessanter ;)

Sponsor

Post 31.01.2012, 13:47

Re: Re: Map recreation

<<

Eluveitie

Mako
Mako

Post 31.01.2012, 17:08

hmmm, gar keine resonanzen sind zumindest keine negativen resonanzen :D
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 31.01.2012, 18:18

Beide Maps bitte mal im "4er Game" posten. Danke
Dieser Account ist inaktiv, neuer Ansprechaccount für euch: indeX
This Account is inactive, please write to: indeX
<<

Eluveitie

Mako
Mako

Post 31.01.2012, 18:28

KiQuafix wrote:Beide Maps bitte mal im "4er Game" posten. Danke

wenn du mir sagst wie, dann mach ich das
<<

ellie

Vulture
Vulture

Post 31.01.2012, 18:54

Re: Mapüberarbeitungen

KiQuafix wrote:Wozu gibts eigentlich diese :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: wenn man ein Spiel startet? Ssind die nur Zirde oder sollen die was bringen?

hat die mal jemand gespielt ? ^^ pfad verschoben ! :D

oh man sieht das bild ja nicht :D
ehm flying orb...
Newton ist tot...
Einstein ist tot...
... und mir ist auch schon ganz schlecht!!! :(
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 31.01.2012, 21:11

Eluveitie wrote:

Das geht im alten Mapeditor, von Sisyphos.

Ehm. @ Ellie das ist deine Schuld weil deine Vorgabe schon verschoben war :D
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 31.01.2012, 21:42

flyingorb...braucht aber wohl einen neuen Namen :)
Attachments
flyingorb.jpg
flyingorb.jpg (18.97 KiB) Viewed 3630 times
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

aleqqqs

Racing Mamba
Racing Mamba

Post 31.01.2012, 22:56

i like

this map-design is hereby officially approved by aleqqqs :)

why not call it LyingForb
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 14:15

Im willing to remake the LONG map, if its still free to do? i saw someone making one but i didnt like it...
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 01.02.2012, 15:38

Feel free to do it ;)
<<

Eluveitie

Mako
Mako

Post 01.02.2012, 17:12

KiQuafix wrote:
Eluveitie wrote:

Das geht im alten Mapeditor, von Sisyphos.

Ehm. @ Ellie das ist deine Schuld weil deine Vorgabe schon verschoben war :D

und wo finde ich den mapeditor von sisyphos?
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 17:43

This might be a stupid question, but why on earth do we have to replace these old good looking maps? i like the original FlyingOrb map a lot more than the new...
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 17:46

This is a licensing issue. I have decided to release version 1.0 not under GPL, like the old version, but under a custom freeware license to get rid of the cheating issues and to be able to use some of my company's code in it that makes all this, e.g. animated graphics, api access, enhanced class loading and so on possible.
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 17:49

cheating issues...?? what do you mean... i really dont understand whats the big deal... i mean, its a small game like this, why would someone suddenly come back here and be super angry because you released a game under different license (which the map creator probably didnt even read/know at the first time) ? people just make maps to have fun...

the deal would be different if you are going to ask money from these maps, then some people might be mad. so is that the case... are you asking money for this game at some point? and what exactly is your license in short (i saw 3 different licenses! didnt read, too long), so if i make a map, you can use it however you want and make a million $$$ out of it if you wish? :D (not that i would expect you to make million, but anyways...)
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 17:51

dcode wrote:This is a licensing issue. I have decided to release version 1.0 not under GPL, like the old version, but under a custom freeware license to get rid of the cheating issues and to be able to use some of my company's code in it that makes all this, e.g. animated graphics, api access, enhanced class loading and so on possible.

so you are not releasing the source code anymore? But... do you know how easy it is to decompile java code? the cheating issues will remain.
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 18:13

In the old version there have been lots of cheating issues. People manipulating network packets, using memory editors and so on. Some people are kinda used to this from other (flash) games they play. One guy cheating can ruin the game experience for 10-20 people. If I'd make the code open source (especially the server side that can't be obtained this way and renders decompiling useless), I'd tell all those cheating people how my protection algorithms work and "may" render them useless in the long term. Imagine world of warcraft being open source. I don't like this also, but it has always been a problem and I really don't want to let this happen anymore. The problem is not just the people having an unfair advantage but also the people doing stuff that may cause other player's clients to crash or something like that. An example: In the old version there has been a player creating games for 99 players, just because the code was bad. This resulted in a complete loss of points and skill for players 5,6,7...etc. This is not possible anymore, however I want to be better protected against that stuff. Instead I am going to provide an API and the possibility to extend the game by adding maps, image themes and sound sets on your own.

Sure, I don't ask money for the game, but there are people that are not happy with me developing it (won't tell the details). So I am doing everything possible to give nobody a reason to sue me with anything. If I'd make money with the game, the situation would be different, because in this case, I could spend the money I earned on defending the game against everyone who aims to harm it. But I don't, and I am still responsible for it. Currently, if someone would attack the game in any way, I'd use my company's personal and monetary resources to defend it to the maximum extend possible. However, I don't want to waste my powers on that, I just want to develop it farther and farther - for you, for me, for fun :)

The new license does something similar. If someone creates a map, the contributor states that he does not infringe anyones copyright (e.g. for the background image) and by doing so, I am not the responsible person if this happens anyway and I really didn't know. Furthermore the contributor grants me the permission to use his contribution inside the game so that he cannot decide to sue me on some random point. The license aggreement is quite the same one that Netty, the underlying network framework I added, uses. So nothing special, nothing bad :)
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 18:35

Cant we deal with these issues by removing the maps when the creator (or someone else) is mad ? thats what Youtube and others do: they remove videos if they infringe some copyright. This is so small game and not very popular so i really doubt anyone would come here and sue you!
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 01.02.2012, 18:56

I understand your points but this is how I do it: 100% or not. Put out as a good practice in the past...so let's just recreate the maps in doubt :)
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 20:45

About the duplicate maps, whats this?
samemaps.png
samemaps.png (56.21 KiB) Viewed 3559 times

I noticed it earlier few days ago, the maps are almost identical.. i thought it was updated version from loomis, but they are two different maps! why on earth? doesnt offer anything new really, i am usually against removing maps, but its just confusing that so long maps are so similar! its different with short maps when small differences can change it a lot, but here it doesnt really change anything.

Also, can you move the "16x16" text to the right where is the map name? it covers up some maps in nasty way.
Edit: like this?
samemaps2.png
samemaps2.png (55.59 KiB) Viewed 3558 times

Also i think you should remove those likes/dislikes/neutral until you have finished the voting system (also i dont think "neutral" is very useful information there).
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 01.02.2012, 21:19

@ dcode nimm circle von chaosx:
PreviousNext

Return to Maps