Cubes 16x16

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 22.01.2012, 13:26

Re: [Map] Cubes

ChaosX wrote:I like the idea! If they go the other way it doesnt make it easyer to defend in early game.

yeah it doesnt make it easier to defend in early game, but its really easy to defend in early game too (at least in the old survival mode... :evil: ) when you start to get rays etc, then you start hoping they take the longer path :lol:

Sponsor

Post 22.01.2012, 13:26

Re: Re: [Map] Cubes

<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 22.01.2012, 13:31

Alternate routes are no more random btw, it's choosen in a round-robin manner. E.g. "A,A,A,A,B" will cause the first four creeps to take A, the fifth B and so on :) Random alternates can be built by simulation, e.g. "A,A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B" ...
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

Ximon

Phoenix
Phoenix

Post 22.01.2012, 13:32

If the chance is 1/20 the main def will be in the mid, why should I built my def at the longer path? So either change the chance to 1/2 or change the path. Moreover I think the path is too short, you can't def it..
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 22.01.2012, 13:49

I refined it a little bit:
cubes3_energyfield.jpg
cubes3_energyfield.jpg (21.43 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

cubesenergyfield23.jpg
cubesenergyfield23.jpg (83.19 KiB) Viewed 1536 times

i think thats final now, at least nobody is whining about the gfx here.

now someone just need to add the path there with that random twist... i couldnt find any editor for it, so i need to do it by hands? thats a little hard i think.
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 22.01.2012, 13:55

dcode wrote:Alternate routes are no more random btw, it's choosen in a round-robin manner. E.g. "A,A,A,A,B" will cause the first four creeps to take A, the fifth B and so on :) Random alternates can be built by simulation, e.g. "A,A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B" ...

WHAT!? so its exactly what i suggested to you LOL. i asked to make them choose every second creep left and every second to right path etc, you said its not gonna get implemented.

So... the bad news is, there is no random. therefore, this map future...? not very exciting anymore i thinks. well... maybe i could just do something like: A,A,A,B,B,A,B,A, B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B, B,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A, B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B, B,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A, B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B, B,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A, B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B, B,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A, B,B,A,A,A,B,B, A,A,B,B,A,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B, B,B,A,B,B,A,A,A,B,B,
LOL.

Ximon wrote:If the chance is 1/20 the main def will be in the mid, why should I built my def at the longer path? So either change the chance to 1/2 or change the path.

The point about the longer paths is that you get extra time to build more defense or upgrade defense etc! and in the endgame you get more time to kill too since you have ultimates there.

Ximon wrote:Moreover I think the path is too short, you can't def it..

Please stop whining about the path length already, there is already a map called "handy" which is 5 steps shorter. and it has half the space to build! (37 vs 75). so this should be a lot easier than the "handy" map... Here is memory refresh:
vs:
Last edited by tracker on 22.01.2012, 14:02, edited 3 times in total.
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 22.01.2012, 13:56

i do not like the path.. is the same as 4stops .. :| and there is a mapeditor from dcode.. (look at the developercenter)
Dieser Account ist inaktiv, neuer Ansprechaccount für euch: indeX
This Account is inactive, please write to: indeX
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 22.01.2012, 13:57

Kiquafix, this is a warning, i will put you in my ignore list again if you dont stop trolling.

and i checked the mapeditor, it didnt allow me to make these "random" paths.
<<

dcode

Mothership
Mothership

Post 22.01.2012, 14:09

When using the map editor, just create your path, save it to a file and add the additional weighted labels you require.
Think it, design it, build it, run it. That's what I do.
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 18:18

I made the random paths now:
It will choose every 13th creep to go to the extra long path. This is a prime number so it should make it less repetitive/symmetric/predictable i think :)

When can i test it? :D
<<

KiQuafix

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 01.02.2012, 20:54

i think every 13th creep is not enough.
Now it is not as special as I want, because when every 13th creeps change the path I would only defend at the middlecube. As a result it makes no sense to defend at the left cube or the cube on the top.
Dieser Account ist inaktiv, neuer Ansprechaccount für euch: indeX
This Account is inactive, please write to: indeX
<<

tracker

Big Toucan
Big Toucan

Post 01.02.2012, 21:44

of course you dont defend at the outer cubes. the detour isnt about giving more damage, but to give more time, so you can have more time to build def or upgrade which results to a kill. it will give more damage only in late games, and i think you will be happy when a phoenix goes there ;)

i think 13 is fine, it was going to be 20 before, and i calculated that the 13 should hit the bigger creeps on survival. and i think its funny too, this is very special map i would say, because you can actually plan where the creeps will go, if you send a ray, you could plan it so it wont go to the long paths. there is no such map made before. so its ultra special :roll:

ive said this many times... we should play the map before we talk about how good it plays. now we are both just guessing here.

and, there is no map that is enough special for you ;)
Previous

Return to Maps