Maptester

Moderator: Map Officer

<<

Pezinator

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 21.01.2013, 16:21

Maptester

Fallt nur mir auf, dass im Map Forum nicht mehr viel geschieht? Ich für meinen Part bin der Überzeugung, dass wir neue Maptester (oder wie auch immer man sie nennen will) brauchen. Wir brauchen jemanden, der sich im Forum aktiv um Maps kümmert. Früher haben das Ellie und IndeX übernommen, doch da diese zwei ja leider nicht mehr wirklich anwesend sind, ist es nun an der Zeit neue Moderatoren für die Maps zu finden.

Aufgaben würde es ja genug geben:

• neue Maps bewerten / Verbesserungsvorschläge geben,
  • neue Maps aufnehmen ( wieso darf das nur Dcode können? Es wäre doch sinnvoll wenn er sich mit anderen Sachen beschäftigen könnte),
  • alte bzw. sehr schlecht bewertete und selten gespielte Maps aus dem Spiel nehmen,
  • kurz gesagt eben alles, was mit Maps zu tun hat.

Kandidaten für diese Posten gäbe es ja auch genug:

Rambo hatte mal Interesse geäußert
Aleqqqs engagiert sich sowieso immer beim Thema Maps
Ich würde mich auch nicht scheuen, den Part zu übernehmen.

Fazit: Wir müssen einfach wieder mehr Leben ins Map Forum und in die Map Administration bringen!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English: Am I the only one who thinks, that the map forum is nearly dead. I for my part think, that we need new Maptesters (or how ever you wanna call them). We need sombody who aktivly cares about the Maps. We had Ellie and IndeX doing this, but unfortunately they aren't here anymore. At least not within their job. So now it's time to find some new Moderators for the Maps.

They would have enough tasks to do.
  • rate new maps / correct them or make them better,
  • upload new maps ( why is only Dcode allowed to do this? Wouldn't it be much better if he'd have enoguh time for doing usfullier things?),
  • take bad / bad rated / sheldom played maps out of the game. At least for some time,
  • to make it short. Simply everything that has to do with maps

We would have enoguh candidates to fill this post

Rambo once told that he'd be interessted in taking this post
Aleqqqs is always enthusiastic if there's something to do about maps.
And even I would really like to do this.

To come to an end: We need to get much more life into the Map Forum and the Map Administration.
"Have no fear of perfection; you'll never reach it."

Sponsor

Post 21.01.2013, 16:21

Re: Maptester

<<

Donliri

Fast Nova
Fast Nova

Post 21.01.2013, 19:16

well said my friend
<<

aleqqqs

Racing Mamba
Racing Mamba

Post 21.01.2013, 20:04

bisher warn die posten ziemlich fürn hugo.
maptester waren ja nichtmal in der lage, maps zu testen. die konnten sie auch erst testen, wenn die map schon im game war.

und kiqua und seinen einschätzungen trauere ich auch nicht gerade nach ^^

von mir sind noch ca. 10 maps offen, die bisher weder angenommen noch abgelehnt wurden. jetzt wart ich halt erstmal was mit denen passiert, bevor ich zeit in neue investiere.

edit: ich hab auch zahlreiche korrektur- und änderungsvorschläge für diverse maps gemacht. da sollte so einiges an mist raus. außerdem wärs mal nice, wenn man wieder überdacht wird, welche maps tourney-maps sind, und welche nicht.

vll. sollten sich einfach die admins/ops/mods zu jeder map äußern, und dann die map aufnehmen oder ablehnen.
und alle paar monate mal die liste der tourney-maps überarbeiten.
<<

Pezinator

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 21.01.2013, 20:12

Aleqqqs. That's exactly what I mean! We need people that are capable of doing this. We need real maptesters. They should be able to test the maps. Why not make a little beta server for them where they can upload the maps.

About you maps: It's the same with the one I just posted. Nobody cares about it. Exactly dude to this reasons we need active people who care about the maps made. Otherwise people will stop creating them.
<<

Rambo196

Vulture
Vulture

Post 22.01.2013, 20:08

Ich kann euch nur zustimmen, es wird sich viel zu wenig darum gekümmert, einige deiner maps aleqqqs sind korrigiert/verbessert worden, aber es gab seit monaten keine Rückmeldung.
<<

Pezinator

Express Raptor
Express Raptor

Post 24.01.2013, 18:29

This thread exacty shows what I mean!! Since I opened this thread no mod took the effort to write at least one word. They aren't even looking in the map topic i guess
<<

Seraph07

Mothership
Mothership

Post 26.01.2013, 12:30

Actually there is no real need for maptester as long as they cannot test maps.
How the mapforum should work:
someone post a mapsuggestion, other user help him, he changes his map, other user reviewing the map.
Moderators and admins are in this progress only useropinions too.
Ofcourse they give the basic conditions, but everyone should know them too.

After some time the team creates a thread wich includes all maps that passed the way to be good enough for creeptd intern. This is the first selection that the team makes, but this is no big thing, because dcode watches the mapforum for his own.

Maptester are user who help other user to create better maps. At the moment every user is a maptester.
This makes it very important to be friendly and compromise about the map suggestions.

All in all I would say that we dont need maptester, we need user who builts the community to make good maps.

PS: dcode is the only guy who upload maps, because he is the only guy who has the condition to do this.
And yes we need a timebased system that takes care about not loved ingame maps.

Return to Maps